Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Facts about pulmonary hypertension, including the causes and symptoms.
- Thromboembolism Facts about thromboembolism, including causes, symptoms, and risks.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leycester Owens Jr
Dr. Leycester Owens Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sioux Falls, SD, with another office in Sioux Falls, SD. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Owens is affiliated with Avera Heart Hospital of South Dakota Llc, Mckennan Hospital and Avera St Luke`s. He speaks English.
Dr. Leycester Owens Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
Dr. Owens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Avera Heart Hospital of South Dakota Llc
Avera St Luke`s
Sioux Valley Hospital
44 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Leycester Owens Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.