Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Worst endocrinologist I have ever seen. Very cold, unsympathetic, and unwilling to think outside the box to help ease my thyroid symptoms. Also, no follow up request to see me for my chronic hypothyroidism.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost - Posted on July 8th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost - Posted on June 19th, 2016
one of the worst drs I've ever seen
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost - Posted on May 31st, 2016
she and her office broke my patient confidentiality . she said she could tell by "just looking" at me that I didn't need her help. wouldn't listen to my questions, was extremely intimidating , and scoffed at MY input/information , etc. about myself! she did not know current findings on how to diagnose adrenal issues or anything much else. It was a total waste of time and money for me . she was one of the worst drs I have ever seen.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost - Posted on October 19th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost - Posted on August 7th, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- Drexel University College Of Medicine
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsLEYLA DANESHDOOST MD PC, 65 E Elizabeth Ave Ste 708, Bethlehem, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Bethlehem, PA, in this video.
Dr. Leyla Daneshdoost is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bethlehem, PA.