Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leyla I Somen MD
Dr. Leyla I Somen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greensburg, PA. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Leyla I Somen has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Leyla I Somen has the following 13 expertise
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 23
The most awful and incompetent psychiatrist I have ever seen.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leyla I Somen - Posted on August 25th, 2018
She dismissed my diagnosises with in one minute of speaking to me. She is also very incompetent. She did not know the generic name of a common antidepressant I am on. I had to show on my phone what this med was. She also decided to double my dose, this was an error in on her part. Also I have never been treated so rudely by any physician in my entire life.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leyla I Somen - Posted on December 18th, 2017
BEWARE! This lady is a professional fraud!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leyla I Somen - Posted on June 6th, 2017
I went to see Dr. Somen one time and she was very condescending and rude!!! She wrote my prescription wrong 3 times! Then she discharged me from her practice because me and the pharmacists at Rite- Aid called her on her mistake! This lady is down right terrible and she have her license stripped away! I spoke to multiple people about her and they all have terrible things to say about this lady!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leyla I Somen - Posted on December 27th, 2016
Very unprofessional and rude.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leyla I Somen - Posted on February 9th, 2016
I do not even understand how someone so uncaring and rude can be in this field of work. She does not listen to a thing anyone says, prescribes medicine without first getting baseline testing done, increases medication without any testing. If you bring to her attention how your feel on the medication she will literally say" don't take it then", if you're a past drug user ( it has been 15 years ago for me ) she will never let you live it down. To top off things, the place is dirty all the time and they have a cat that roams around the place, I am allergic to cats! Go somewhere that actually cares!
Dr. Leyla I Somen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
Locations & DirectionsKREINBROOK PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES, 40 Huff Ave, Greensburg, PA
Dr. Leyla I Somen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greensburg, PA.