Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lezley R Brown MD
Dr. Lezley R Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grass Valley, CA, with other offices in Penn Valley, CA and Auburn, CA (and 1 other location). Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Lezley R Brown has 4 locations
Dr. Lezley R Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Lezley R Brown has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Lezley R Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lezley R Brown - Posted on January 15th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lezley R Brown - Posted on November 19th, 2015
I don't know if it's the doctor or the practice but no one seems to get anything right there. Although the doctor and the office staff were friendly and courteous, they all seemed to be totally scattered, don't communicate well, and don't follow up on anything, especially calls they promise to return. I know it's difficult to find a decent primary care provider in this area these days, but this office is as mismanaged as it gets. If your health is a priority and your experience is anything like mine, I think you are better off anywhere else. (And if cleanliness were on the ratings I would give it less than a star.)
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lezley R Brown - Posted on February 27th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lezley R Brown - Posted on August 28th, 2012
When Doctor Brown first came to Nevada County and began seeing a relative of mine who I take care of she was a breath of fresh air. She took time and had a sincerity about her but in the past year or so she has been less attentive, more rushed and the follow up calls my relative recieved no longer happen. My relative who is 84 years old was left waiting in the waiting room for 50 minutes. When I voiced my frustration about the wait . Doctor Brown did not seem to have any concern or understanding but rather argued that we were waiting 40 minutes not 50. I stated that if we were 10 minutes late for the appointment we would not be seen. Doctor Brown appeared angry and argued this point too saying that is not true when actually it had happened in the past and Dr. Brown had cancelled appointments with my relative in the past too. Dr. Brown had to ask me when my relative had last been seen by her because she did not even bring my relatives chart in with her. She spent 5 minutes with my relative and stated that maybe we would like to see another doctor since she usually runs late for her appointments and she would give us a list of other doctors. It seemed as if Doctor Brown had become a bit arrogant and had lost her bedside manner and sincerity. We left the office feeling angry, disrespected and dissappointed...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lezley R Brown - Posted on September 12th, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- Tulane University School Of Medicine
Dr. Lezley R Brown Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lezley R Brown is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Grass Valley, CA.