Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Li R Teng has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Li R Teng has the following 58 expertise
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Heart Murmurs
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Bell's Palsy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Insulin Resistance
- Coronary Disease
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Rheumatic Fever
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Weight Loss
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Li R Teng has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Li R Teng is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
After seeing Dr Teng for several months as my PCP I was seriously disappointed when the Doctor sent me to the ER which resulted in him dismissing myself as a patient. The reason I was given was accepting prescriptions from the ER doctors I was embarrassed aeven though I followed his directions. I will not be referring him
Dr. Ray Teng came in to see me after thevery nice nurse had checked my vitals.He took a lot of time (maybe 15-20 mins)visiting me and finding out about myconcerns and minor ailments. He gave me a lot of good advice on how excercise can combat/prevent many of my health issues. Not just pushing meds but giving solid evidence based advice and places to goresearch further on the net.
I visited Dr. Teng and I was treated rudely from the beginning. His receptionist was very unfriendly. His nurse was simply going through the motions, totaly unconnected to what she was doing. Then there was the Doctor. He likes to talk and listen very little. He made a bad diagnosis. I was unconvinced that he never heard a word I said to him. I would not recommend him to anyone.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
43 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1975
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Li R Teng accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Li R Teng in this video.
Dr. Li R Teng is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carrollton, TX.