Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Liana O Volpe has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Volpe has taken care of my mother-in- law for more than 20 years. Recently she passed away at the age of 80 years old and Dr. Volpe was very kind and supportive to the family. By the accounts of several specialist seen by my mother-in-law over the years, she should not have lived until 80 years old. I, as a nurse, give full credit to Dr. Volpe for treating her so well over all the years. Yes her office is busy, but it is because she takes TIME with each patient.
Ms. Volpe provided our family with a nightmare medical experience in the care of our mother. Under her supervision, it took about 5 1/2 hours to start an IV for a patient who was severely dehydrated. She also seems to lack the temperment and knowledge to analyze medical issues involved in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient. Our family had to argue with her to allow the patient to get out of bed after 9 days in the hospital. When the hospital finally instituted a physical therapy (PT)regimen, the PT director commented as to the actual, positive level of physical ability the patient presented. Volpe did not communicate with the family or the patient on issues such as an E-coli infection which the patient acquired under her care until well after she became aware of the lab results. Initially, after the first 5 minutes interviewing my mother, ms. volpe announced that she didn't think the the diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease in my mother's history was accurate. In short, Ms. Volpe presents as a physician who would seem to be better suited in a different vocation, one not requiring communication skills or thoughfulness.
38 Years Experience
Universita Di Napoli
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Liana O Volpe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSerra Community Medical Clinic, 9375 San Fernando Rd, Sun Valley, CA
Dr. Liana O Volpe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sun Valley, CA.