Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lida N Osbern has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lida N Osbern has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 14
I was originally referred to Dr. Osbern by my primary physician for a very serious health issue. Dr. Osbern's office called me at home to schedule the appointment. One year later I am doing much better thanks to Dr. Osbern and her nurse Elsie. Nurse Elsie has spent hours with me on the phone (sometimes it was even after 5:00 pm when she called me - I think it might have been on her own time) and in the office making sure I understood and followed the doctor's instructions.
She has been great at working around my schedule and coming from out of town. She and her nurse are quick to return calls and great with explaining things to me, several times if needed. I have been told once or twice Dr was taking a very ill patient to the hospital herself. I was given the opportunity to reschedule. So I know if I every needed the same thing she would also take me to the hospital. Dr and her nurse have been great at working with my insurance. They have gone out of their way to help me with my asthma. I have sent many people to her over the years I have been seeing her.
After getting initial diagnosis and treatment in Manhattan, Kansas, I sought a second opinion from Dr. Osbern.I feel her care is worth driving 1 and 1/2 hours to Lawrence to get.She spends time with me and all of her nurses and other office staff have been wonderful. I've only had to see the PA once, at my own choice because Dr. Osbern was out of town.She's professional, and uses her staff to get the "preliminary tests" out of the way before she comes in to see me, which allows her to spend quality time with me.I have had to wait to see her a couple of times, but the staff let me know she had an emergency--which I understand and could hear them dealing with a patient that needed immediate care. All I can say, is that patient was very lucky that she took the time to make him a priority!
41 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Lida N Osbern accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsReed Medical Group, 404 Maine St, Lawrence, KS
Dr. Lida N Osbern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawrence, KS.