Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lidija Petrovic-Dovat MD
Dr. Lidija Petrovic-Dovat, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hershey, PA, with other offices in Hershey, PA and Hershey, PA . Her specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Adolescent Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Lidija Petrovic-Dovat has 3 locations
500 University Dr
Hershey, PA 17033
22 Northeast Dr
Hershey, PA 17033
22 Northeast Dr
Hershey, PA 17033
Book Online Now
Dr. Lidija Petrovic-Dovat has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Lidija Petrovic-Dovat has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Lidija Petrovic-Dovat is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Excellent adolescent psychiatrist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lidija Petrovic-Dovat - Posted on September 6th, 2017
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Va Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
Dr. Lidija Petrovic-Dovat Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
More about Dr. Lidija Petrovic-Dovat
Dr Lidija Petrovic-Dovat graduated in 1992 from MD, Medical School of Novi Sad, Yugoslavia and completed her Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2006 at UW, Madison and Psychiatry Residency, 2001-2004, at UCLA/SFV Psychiatry Training Program, Los Angeles, CA She is Board Certified in Psychiatry and Neurology/ Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and General Psychiatry. In 2009, Dr Petrovic-Dovat received the Best Doctors in America award and has been published in the American Journal of Physiology and BBA (Biochemica et Biophysica Acta) Her areas of interest are Childhood Anxiety Disorders, Depression and Bipolar Disorders Dr Petrovic-Dovat is Assistant Professor at the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute Department of Psychiatry.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lidija Petrovic-Dovat is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hershey, PA.