Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lielanie M Aguilar-Pascasio has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Lielanie M Aguilar-Pascasio has the following 14 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 4 of 6
Dr. Aguilar was very thorough and spent time on first appt to diagnose and treat my son. The scheduling staff needs some training since my 2nd appt somehow didn't make it on the schedule and there was a miscommunication with scheduling appt with the therapist that works with Dr Aguilar. Other than that, I am happy with Dr. Aguilar's knowledge and professionaliam.
Dr. Aguilar came highly recommended and I liked her thoroughness and bedside manner on 1st visit. However, on my 2nd visit which was very badly needed for my daughter, I was late. I had moved heaven and a few stars to travel complete opposite ends of town in rush hour traffic and I was late and I called to let them know I would be. When I arrived 20 minutes late, they told me that Dr. Aguilar could not see us. I was in near tears and I needed desperately to speak to her regarding my daughter whose situation was not yet managed. I never returned.
Dr. Lielanie M Aguilar-Pascasio accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lielanie M Aguilar-Pascasio is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.