Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Liem S Oei has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Liem S Oei has the following 22 expertise
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy Modalities
- Women's Health
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Preventive Medicine
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
Dr. Liem S Oei has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
I met Dr. Oei when I was 11 years old, he was the only doctor in the area that would take me as a patient, because of my age. I was so lucky to have met him when I did. My protein levels were off the charts. He told me at one point my protein levels were the highest he'd ever seen (88,000+). He diagnosed my Lupus and Kidney Disease very quickly and started treating both very aggressively. I cannot say enough positive things about him. My health is in great condition and has been for quite some time, thanks to Dr. Oei!
Dr. Oei is the best doctor I've ever been to. I have been seeing him for the past 20 years. I just can't imagine going to someone else. He's extremely warm, caring, and compassionate; he never fails to have a smile on his face. He's from an older breed of physicians who works so hard at what he does. Not only that, but he's extremely intelligent, and even though he has an accent, he explains your situation in a way that is completely understandable. His knowledge of medicine, compassion, and bedside manner are the reasons he is my physician of choice. I do not know what I am going to do if he retires. It will be a sad day indeed.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLiem Som Oei Md, 1379 Fox Ridge Trl, Sioux City, IA
Dr. Liem S Oei is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux City, IA.