Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Liliana Smurawska
Dr. Liliana Smurawska, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brighton, MA. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Smurawska is affiliated with SMG St Elizabeth's Medical Center, St. Elizabeth`s Medical Ctr of Boston and St Elizabeths Hosp. She speaks English.
Dr. Liliana Smurawska has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Liliana Smurawska has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Liliana Smurawska has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Liliana Smurawska is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
This "doctor" is a sociopath. Doesn't listen to a word you say, interrupts you mid sentence and has a very "Chris Hanson: To Catch a Predator" vibe. Lies by omission about meds she is prescribing you and is quick to rush you out of the office. And the worst part is her handshake. Ted Bundy probably had a friendlier handshake than this nutcase. If you are in charge of diagnosing (misdiagnosing) people with mental disorders, maybe you should be checked yourself first to make sure you are competent.
Dr. Smurawska is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SMG St Elizabeth's Medical Center
St. Elizabeth`s Medical Ctr of Boston
St Elizabeths Hosp
27 Years Experience
Pomorska Akademia Medyczna
Graduated in 1986
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Liliana Smurawska accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSMG St Elizabeth's Medical Center, 736 Cambridge St, Brighton, MA
Dr. Liliana Smurawska is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brighton, MA.