Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lillard G Ashley Jr
Dr. Lillard G Ashley Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Harrisonville, MO. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ashley is affiliated with Cass Regional Medical Center and Belton Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Lillard G Ashley Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lillard G Ashley Jr has the following 14 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Lillard G Ashley Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Ashley did not take time to listen to my symptoms. He put a pacemaker in did a stress test. I continued to have shortness of breath, which was partly caused because he forgot to set the rate response on the pacemaker. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and administered morphine for chest pain. At the hospital Dr. Ashley asked me if I used street drugs because they found opiates in my blood work. Did he bother to read that the paramedics gave me morphine? He did not believe anything else was wrong with my heart and did no more tests - not even an echocardiogram. So I walked into another hospital, was immediately admitted and diagnosed with moderate congestive heart failure and pulmonary hypertension. My experience with Dr. Ashley could have resulted in my condition becoming much worse. I was very disappointed in his demeanor and unwillingness to find out what was wrong with me. I left his office after my last visit in tears. He needs to retire if he treats his patients with such a lack of professionalism and poor diagnostic skills.
Dr. Ashley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1967
G W Hubbard Hospital Meharry College
Dr. Lillard G Ashley Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Heart And Vascular Specialists Harrisonville, 2820 E Rock Haven Rd Ste 200, Harrisonville, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lillard G Ashley Jr in this video.
Dr. Lillard G Ashley Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisonville, MO.