Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lillian M Jones has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Breast Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 52
I have been going to Dr. Jones for regular yearly wellness check-ups for 14 years. I rarely have any issues for which I need a special appointment. However I visited Dr. Jones recently when I suspected I had a severe UTI. Her office was able to fit me in the same day I called, for which I was grateful. I waited a good long time in the waiting room and exam room to see her, but I figured it was worth the wait because she would get me the RX I needed. When she came into the exam room and I shared my symptoms, she agreed that it sounded like a UTI and said she'd call in a RX to my preferred pharmacy after I left the office. I checked with her receptionist on the way out and was assured I would have the RX by the end of the day. At the end of the day I went to the pharmacy, expecting to pick up my RX. Unfortunately Dr. Jones' office never called it in. I called her office (which was closed) and left an emergency message with her answering service to have Dr. Jones call me. No call. 3 days later I received a call from the pharmacy that my RX was ready for pick-up. By then I was already 3 days into my prescription made by another doctor at the walk-in clinic I went to in order to get relief. The lack of Dr. Jones follow-up seemed uncharacteristic but also inexcusable. I don't wish the pain of a UTI on anyone. Getting on antibiotics quickly is key. Waiting 3 days was not an option. Now I am out the lab expenses and office visit, plus I have an ~$2,000 bill for my walk-in clinic visit to re-diagnose. Very disappointed.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2010, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Lillian M Jones accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSunbelt North Ob/Gyn, 7922 Ewing Halsell Dr Ste 420, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Lillian M Jones is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.