Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lily M Tan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Lily Tan did robotic surgery to remove my fibroids through tiny scars after doctors at UCSF told me it could not be done without a big c-section scar. Great bedside manner, very gentle, caring, and competent. Somewhat difficult to schedule appointments but very responsive to emails and definitely worth waiting for!
I had very large fibroids that needed to be reviewed I had already interviewed three other surgeons and had horrible experiences. I'm 35 years old with one child and wanted to keep my uterus. Finally I met Dr. Tan she was confident, compassionate and really cared about me. Best part was she never once suggested I have a hysterectomy. I was nervous about surgery but she told me she would keep me safe. She responded promptly to every one of my emails and always assured me that she would keep my inscisons small and perform my surgery safely. Dr. Tan did just what she said she would. She removed a total of 12 fibroids the largest being over 9cm. My surgery was four hours long I loss very little blood and went home the same day. My recovery went so well that nine days later I was back at work. She said", in three months my husband and I can start trying to conceive. No one wants to have surgery but if you do why not have the best surgeon? Dr. Tan was that for me.
Dr. Tan is the best gyno surgeon at Kaiser. I got multiple referrals to her from lots of different sources. She works so well with her team and you can tell they all highly respect her because she knows what she is doing. She did a laparoscopic surgery on me after 3 other gynos told me it wasn't possible to do laparoscopically.
I know that some of my review is Kaisers responsibility but she NEVER calls me back. When I try to make an appointment I have to wait one to two months and always have to wait an hour after my appointment was scheduled to see her. This wouldn't be so bad if she were a good doctor but she tends to be very curt and quick with me and acts irked when I ask questions. If my job offered any other insurance I'd switch but I'm stuck.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2016, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
23 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Lily M Tan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente San Francisco Medical Center, 2238 Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Lily M Tan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.