Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lina L Mitchell has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lina L Mitchell has the following 15 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Lina L Mitchell has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lina L Mitchell is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I was supposed to be a 7am appt and their automated reminder system called to remind me to show up 15 minutes early. I show up at 645 and the office is locked and when I get into the office, through the staff entrance (I didnt want to be late because of what I have read on here) I was told very curtly that the office was not open yet and their shifts did not start until 7am. When 7am came and they looked at the schedule, I wasnt on it...instead on for tomorrow. I showed the staff the card they gave me that clearly has todays date and time on it and all they could say was, well...sorry, their mistake, I have to come back tomorrow. All of this after I moved my work schedule and school transportation for my children around today....now I have to do it again tomorrow. If I acted like this at my job, I would be fired.
Dr Mitchell is wonderful. She spends more than enough time with patients to make sure that everything she tells you is understood. She is such a caring doctor. I hate that she is moving to Dayton. As for the previous review-the reason that the office staff would not let you reschedule is due to the fact that she is moving. They have rules to follow-I know for my first appointment I was asked to arrive at least 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork-so in their view you were actually 19 minutes late not 4. Good luck with finding a new doctor-I know first hand how difficult that is.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mitchell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Jewish Hospital
Dr. Lina L Mitchell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrimed Neurology, 540 Lincoln Park Blvd Ste 390, Dayton, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lina L Mitchell in this video.
Dr. Lina L Mitchell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dayton, OH.