Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lincoln C Bickford
Dr. Lincoln C Bickford, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ, with another office in Phoenix, AZ. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Bickford has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Lincoln C Bickford has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Mind-Body and Relaxation Techniques
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Psychosomatic Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bereavement/Traumatic Grief
- Adjustment Disorders
- Child Mental Health (Mental Disorders Diagnosed in Childhood)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
he didn't tell me what I wanted to hear, but needed to hear. He recognized things in me that others haven't. It was like walking out of a room and into a breath of fresh air - I had no inhibitions in sharing the things that torture me most. I didn't feel as though I was talking AT him or he was talking AT me, but rather WITH each other, so it eased the flow of my consciousness. I will definitely visit again & I have a new found interest in discovering myself & accepting myself on a deeper level
In contrast to the first reviewer's delight of being led on a safe-intriguing journey by the doctor, I felt like I was the one taking the doctor on a journey with my experiences, what I had to say, and what I was feeling. Also, with my lack of respect for authority figures and his need to show he's that authority figure, there were showdowns and the whole experience became like a roller coaster ride with ups and downs. But after things settled down a bit, I realized I had no choice but to trust the doctor for having guided me and being present thru some painfully tough times of mine. One can go to a doctor who may have all the answers, or he can go to a doctor who sincerely cares. I chose to go to Bickford until it was no longer possible b/c I finally had to move away from the state. All I can say now is I wish I could return to see him once again as my doctor with all his tenderness.
He was a brave compassionate explorer, making the journey through my head/heart safe and intriguing. I would follow his voice anywhere.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2010, 2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
16 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Lincoln C Bickford accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lincoln C Bickford is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.