Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Linda S Altman MD
Dr. Linda S Altman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Linda S Altman has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Linda S Altman has the following 13 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
Dr. Linda S Altman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Linda S Altman - Posted on November 28th, 2018
She misdiagnosed my illness. It took her too long to remedy the situation. According to two other doctors, the medicine she prescribed was inappropriate. It caused substantial damage. Fortunately time heals many wounds. She spends an unreasonable amount of time in session discussing her own family issues. Avoid her.
Controlling. Can't keep confidence
Self-verified patient of Dr. Linda S Altman - Posted on November 20th, 2018
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Linda S Altman Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Linda S Altman's office for more information.
1601 Walnut St Ste 1418 Philadelphia, PA : (215) 546-5545
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Linda S Altman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.