Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Linda L Babbitt has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Linda L Babbitt has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 13
Dr Babbitt is knowledgeable and I am very impressed with the amount of time she spent with me explaining the whys, the hows and the history of the field of medicine that pertains to me. After having been laughed at by two prior doctors, it has been a blessing to have found her and a relief to know that I can finally get the help I need to improve the quality of my life!
Dr. Babbitt is thoughtful and listens. She brings the patient into a partnership with their care. I have chronic health issues that are not always obvious. We discuss them and she runs tests she believes to be useful in decision making. We discuss the range of possibilities in a way that helps me understand what might be happening without scaring me into worry. When what is happening is not clear, she moves immediately to rule out any high-risk health problems. When no serious problems are found, she works through low-risk treatments to identify potential explanations for my symptoms. She is very careful about when to refer to specialist. I appreciate her kind aggressiveness in respecting my health issues. I have had other doctors who ignored symptoms that could have been treated early but were left until their cause was painfully clear because the disorder had advanced. Because she takes time with each patient her punctuality starts off fine early but the wait can be long.
Beware of Juniper Springs Medical Center and their practice of raking their patients over the coals. You will be required to sign a "contract" which they will not provide you a copy of and will charge you a no show fee if you attempt to reschedule according to their "contract". It is an awful facility with snotty personnel.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Creighton University Medical Center
Dr. Linda L Babbitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence ID Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJuniper Springs Internal Medicine, 500 S 11th Ave Ste 203, Pocatello, ID
Dr. Linda L Babbitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pocatello, ID.