Dr. Linda Ford Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Linda Ford?

Never going back

Posted on February 23rd, 2016

Worst experience I have ever had. She made me feel like an awful parent when I was trying to explain our situation and asking for suggestions. My concerns were met with judgement and I left nearly in tears from feeling attacked.

Not very helpful

Posted on June 17th, 2013

She took my daughter off all her med after my daughter told her that she was pregnant. I called to let her know that my daughter was not pregnant, but had deep emotional issues- i.e. why she was seeing her. When I asked if she had verified my daughter's pregnancy, Linda said that she had to just to take my daughter's word for it. I reminded her that there are pregnany tests available at any drug store and I'm sure as an MD she has the means to do a pregnancy test before taking a 16 year old off all her medications without even decreasing them slowly. Once she tends to get an idea and she believes she is right there is no amount of information or facts impacts her findings. She is straight forward, which some kids need, especially those who had a confusing past. Linda says what she means, and means what she says. For someone that needs that consistancy, it could be a good match. For somone that needs a lot of hand holding and cradling, it probably isn't a good match. Just make sure that you get release of information signed and that she gets all the information before she makes her diagnosis becasue once she makes one, it is pretty unlikely that she will consider that she might have been in error - even if the error wasn't her fault since she had missing information.

Most helpful psychiatrist yet

Posted on October 18th, 2012

Every time I've seen Dr. Ford, I have been so impressed by her total honesty and insight into what is going on in my life, and though she can be very blunt she is never unkind; you always know that it is coming from a caring place and the few times I have felt hurt by something she said I told her and it ended up that I took it completely the wrong way, and it was my own misunderstanding and not anything she actually said that was the issue. Though I would not recommend Dr. Ford to anybody who can't deal with a very straightforward personality or who isn't totally honest with their doctor (because she does tell it like it is), I think she is essentially an excellent psychiatrist. She has never pushed medicines on me and has always been an extremely helpful person to talk to.

beyond rude

Posted on October 2nd, 2012

i cannot even begin to explain in rational thoughts how rude this "dr" was. i will never go back and will never refer anybody to her. my daughter was in tears after leaving her office the first and only time. i wasn't thrilled about our brief conversation either. RUDE. avoid at all costs. she needs therapy herself.

Made me feel worse

Posted on November 19th, 2008

I went a year ago to talk to her about medication and my recently diagnosed 'clinical depression'. I also had very severe breathing problems that didn't allow me to go to school comfortably for long periods of time: generally over 30 minutes got uncomfortable. I sat in the room with her and I had never felt so on edge and terrible with a psychiatrist before. And I've visited quite a few this year.I wanted to do homeschooling or online school (which is what I do now), which was the best option for my health, but she kept telling me to do public school, which gave me serious breathing attacks and once landed me in the hospital. She was rude and mean and not caring at all. Most caring thing she must have done for me was give me a box of tissue paper when I was crying (every visit).Every time we 'talked' about my problems: talked as in, I talked through stifling tears and she told me everything I was doing wrong: all she wanted to do was up my dosage. She tried to put me on a very, very powerful drug, in which my mother denied. She made me so terrible-feeling I told my father I wanted to commit suicide - something which I didn't want to do so much earlier in the day. I do not recommend her, I'm sure she's kind, but she's not a good psychiatrist for people as depressed as I was. Children with serious issues should not go to her unless they like pain.(this isn't a kind review, I know. please don't take it too harshly, I'm just a former patient who was unsatisfied with her doctor.)

Posted on September 15th, 2008

Dr Ford misdiagnosted my issues. More than once. Thank God I had friends paying attention...they got me to go elsewhere and my issues have been properly addressed

Very Uncaring provider

Posted on June 6th, 2008

This provider is suppose to help children and she is very rude and down grading and makes kids feel useless and worthless...this is the worst experience I have ever had and did not like the way she spoke to my child. She should not be dealing with kids, I feel sorry for kids with serious mental illness that have to deal with her she probably makes them feel worse about theirselves instead of better

Posted on July 28th, 2017