Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Linda M Gerrits
Dr. Linda M Gerrits, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Westlake Village, CA, with another office in Thousand Oaks, CA. She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gerrits is affiliated with Los Robles Hospital. Dr. Gerrits has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Linda M Gerrits has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Linda M Gerrits has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Dr. Linda M Gerrits has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Gerrits is the upmost professional. By any measure she is an effective Doctor and I'd even say educator. I personally feel more confident about my health working with her than any other Doctor I've experienced. I appreciate and grateful the time she spends explaining alternatives medical choices when available. She addresses all my questions and is very informative. I know she is highly respected throughout the medical community.
Doctor Gerrits does have long waits, and a busy schedule but that is obviously because her patients are very fond of her! She spends lots of time with each appointment which is why she runs late, but it shows that she is caring to the individual. She is a very intelligent doc, and knows a lot about the subject and can explain things in a very detailed and usually easy to understand manner. I have been going to her for years and would recommend her to any of my family and friends.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gerrits is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1976
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Linda M Gerrits accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Linda M Gerrits is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westlake Village, CA.