Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Linda G Harris
Dr. Linda G Harris, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Palo Alto, CA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine, Pediatrics and Sports Medicine. Dr. Harris is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Manteca, Mercy General Hospital and Valley Childrens Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Linda G Harris has the following 3 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Asked for referral for something beyond her scope but she refused; I changed my primary doctor and the new doctor referred me right away for something I needed. This is with the same insurance. I thought before there was an insurance limitation but theres none. It was actually her professional "limitation" all along. She wasnt a caring doctor, its probably just money for her.
Never resolved any of my issues; never referred me to any specialist when I needed them; I was rushed many times although she knew that I live far away and even mentioned she still has many patients to see after me. Well duh, I waited too and had my own appointment. Told me to exercise a lot even though I exercise almost everyday to fix my upper back pain. I changed to another Primary Care Doctor and all my minor issues were resolved. Actually, most of my issues are minor which can easily be corrected if she would just refer me to specialists but she never did. No bedside manner with stone cold attitude.
saw this doctor only once for a "get to know you" visit. When I told her about some of my issues and concerns, she became very cold and dismissive and treated me almost with suspicion. She said this is only to "get to know each other. . ." Well, I knew enough after that to be quite certain she would never be the right physician for me. There are many good doctors who treat patients with respect and courtesy and interest, so why choose someone like her? i am surprised she is still in business.
I've been lucky to have Dr Harris as my primary care physician for many years. She's very competent, listens well, and makes sure all of my questions are answered. She always follows up promptly with test results etc. I would recommend her to anyone who wants more than just a medical diagnostician, someone who understands and values a whole patient relationship.
Dr. Harris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1998
San Jose Medical Center
Dr. Linda G Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPalo Alto Medical Foundation for Healthcare Research & Education, 795 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA
Dr. Linda G Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.