Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Linda M Lang
Dr. Linda M Lang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ellicott City, MD, with another office in Ellicott City, MD. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lang is affiliated with University of Maryland St Joseph Medical Center and Howard County General Hospital Inc. She speaks English.
Dr. Linda M Lang has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Linda M Lang has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Linda M Lang has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
If you want a Vulcan for a doctor rather than a human, this is your girl. My vet has more bedside manner. (My vet has a pulse.) Lots of doctors are arrogant, but this one takes the cake. She has no interest in what a patient reports on a visit. She habitually recommends tests and prescribes drugs. When the tests show nothing she says, "I don't know." She then recommends more tests even farther off the original complaint. Or, she hands you sample prescriptions and says, "Try these. Let me know how they work." She is obsessed with science. While I acknowledge that doctors are scientists, the subjects are people. People are messy, unscientific creatures. People do not always align with statistics or fit into petri dishes. It as if you walk in, she looks at your file not you, and obsesses about to make you fit the what the latest science reports. I saw her for a check up after a car accident. She asked where it hurt starting with my head. I said my shoulder hurt. She interrupted me to say, âThat is illogical.â Illogical? That is where it hurt. Dr. Lang would have a great career as a researcher in a lab. Then she would not have to bother with humans. As if that isnât enough, she is classist.
Dr. Lang is one of the best doctors I have ever had. She is brilliant and wise. My husband and I both see her (which is amazing as it is my husband's first female doctor). She is also one of the few docs who have been able to get our flu shots covered by our insurance. You can feel comfortable asking her anything, even non-medical related!!
My husband was misdiagnosed and treated poorly. He asked for a simple blood test because he was running a fever with no symptoms. He has a heart condition and was worried that he had endocarditis. She would not order the test and behaved rudely to him and to me, stating that she spent 30 minutes longer with him than with any other patient. Well, he did in fact have endocarditis...it was serious enough that he was hospitalized for a week and could have died had we waited any longer. He now is home with a PICC line and is getting daily infusions at home for 6 weeks.
Dr. Lang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Linda M Lang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Linda M Lang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ellicott City, MD.