Dr. Linda Low Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Linda Low?

Terrible - unable to get medical records

Terrible woman who abandoned a practice of patients. Told me a week before she closed the practice. Office staff gave me two drs names who weren't taking any patients at the time. I went months without medication in search of a new dr who took my insurance. I needed a note on my last visit. She charged me 100 dollars and asked her office staff of two if they had change. She split the hundred and told them... Merry Christmas ! I rebutted that I would send her a check and I was told no, the note stopped out of my hand. She said youn either pay now or don't get the note. Atrocious for a supposed dr who I was under the care of for three years. Furthermore I have contacted the dr through the mail to Huntington hospital where she works now and she has spoken to me numerous times. She told me she would send me my records. After four times, she has not sent or answered any of my calls at the hospital again. This is uncontainable. The fact that she is in such profession is baffleing to me. I don't k ow when she either totally gave up on caring for her patients or never did and was always money hungry and greedy. Terrible that Huntington hospital employs such a terrible dr.

I was a patient of Dr. Low's for years so I can give a very thorough review. Her practice has now closed, I'm not sure if she retired or lost her license but she is no longer at her Melville office. I have been on a maintenance medication for years which she was prescribing and I CANNOT be off of and upon closing her practice, gave me piece of paper with another Doctor that "takes insurance" and prescribes the particular medication and found out after calling that the Doctor she referred WASNT accepting new patients. I was left in the hospital sick as a dog because of this. The wait time in her office varied, some days you'd go in and wait 30 mins, other days i had waited almost three hours. She always double booked appointments and she would make appointments for 6:00 and wouldn't even show up until 7:00 at times. As far as prescribing narcotics and "addicts" in her care, Umm obviously!! She is an addiction psychiatrist. She treats people with addictions. Don't even bother trying to access your medical records. Every piece of paper you need from her she will charge you for. Including lost scripts. She will give you medical advice and then two months later tell you the exact opposite. Making appointments can be a pain. I was running out of meds and had to wait over a week for an appointment and then the day of I get a call saying that she's stuck out East and won't be in. The office is horrible with returning calls. And yes, they ONLY took cash. Even if you're two dollars short, you better find an ATM or reschedule.

Listened to what I had to say and I didn't feel rushed

Ugh. Don't Book an Appointment!

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. She is very unkind, dull, and disinterested. Her receptionists are of a similar caliber in that they don't seem to care at all. Dr. Low does not make eye contact during sessions, which I find to be rude. It is also very difficult to get an appointment. Also, IF you do happen to get an appointment, you need to pay the co-pay in cash which is absolutely ridiculous! I didn't have cash on me so the receptionist forced me to go to a nearby ATM. I would suggest looking elsewhere because this woman is horrible! You're BETTER OFF with someone more qualified and professional in the mental health field.

Unprofessional, uncaring, rude, drug doctor

Linda Low is nothing but a scam artist. She seems kind and courteous on the intake and spends time with you, but after that all she cares about is the money. She simply writes you a script the second you get into her office (after waiting for an hour or more) and sends you on your way. Intake was great, waited only a half an hour and got to spend 45 mins with her. Every visit after that I waited OVER AN HOUR. The longest I waited was two hours and 15 minutes. I started asking people in the waiting room what time their appointments were. THREE other people had the same appointment time as me. Which could explain the extreme lack of organization and long wait. It's quite clear to see she is also treating addicts. I had to sit near a woman who was harassing my every move, who was clearly on narcotics. She went into the Dr's office and was on her merry way. The one time that I did speak to the ''DR'' about the wait time, rather than being sympathetic and understanding- she basically told me if I don't like it to go somewhere else. You can only pay the copay in cash, clearly a little fishy. I would never in a million years send anybody with any type of mental health issues to a doctor like this. It's quite sad that somebody can go through that much school to become such an unkind, uncourteous and down right low life 'doctor'. She definitely needs to be placed under investigation and I'm sure they would uncover some clues. She may look the part, but after a couple of visits you will see that every statement I have made is completely valid. Wouldn't go back to a dr like this if you paid me, nor would I recommend her to anybody actually looking for services.

Don't bother

Very hard to get an appointment. Secretaries are rude and incompetent. I was a patient and am looking for another dr at this moment. I am running out of medication that you cannot stop taking and they could care less.

I was tired of feeling anxious and depressed. Kept on getting the medications that didn't seem to do much.

Great Doctor

Had a good overall experience with thisDoctor. She listens well, and spent alot of time undoing medications and found ones that worked for me. Nice clean office, convienent location. Would definately recommend this Doctor.

good doc

Spends tons of time, listens.

Somewhat of a crook on the co-pays

Has screwed up my prescriptions 3 times. Forces me to pay a copay to have my new prescription done every time. Only accepts cash for co-pay, not reporting it on taxes.

Told by other people the wait was going to be long. Actually it wasnt bad, I waited for 20 minutes. I had alot to go over so I didnt mind getting in there after awhile. I happen to be a therapist and I liked that she tried to be through even though it was a first visit.

great doctor. she really listens.finally got on the right medicationsand feel much better.