Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kate K Mcdonald MD
Dr. Kate K Mcdonald, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kenner, LA, with other offices in Slidell, LA and Slidell, LA . She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Dermatology and Dermatopathology. Dr. Mcdonald is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center North Shore and Slidell Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Kate K Mcdonald has 3 locations
380 Gateway Dr Ste A
Slidell, LA 70461
Dr. Kate K Mcdonald has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
Dr. Kate K Mcdonald has the following 11 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Mcdonald is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Kate K Mcdonald Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kate K Mcdonald is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kenner, LA.