Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Linda L Nguyen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Esophageal Motility Disorders (Dysmotilities)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Referred myself to this doctor as I was continuing to have GI problems the local doctors basically gave up on. Had to wait forever for an appt. she ordered some tests that could only be done at Stanford, over 2 hours away. More waiting for results. New meds started, not much improvement. More new meds, no improvement. Next follow up was with the PA, now recommending biofeedback which, again, not available in my area. Don't even see the doctor again for yet another 2 months! I continue to be sick just popping pills every day. Just too much time between appts when you are sick and no one locally can help you with a diagnosis. She is probably a great doctor and maybe my case just does not warrant much urgency. I just know I am absolutely no better and it is scary.
Dr. Nguyen is wonderful. While I only see her for a short amount of time, she made my day. She is really caring, kind and willing to step in to help. Sadly, due to insurance, she is not my "official" doctor (we had to cut short after we talked about the insurance issue) but she is willing to step forward and help me with my problems. I would definitely recommend her and without any single hesitation. Once I sort out the insurance issues, I'll try to see her again.
As anyone with a long term undiagnosed illness can tell you, it's all about hooking up with a doctor that cares enough and believes enough to keep going, thinking of new things, not giving up until you find the root cause. That was what Dr. Nguyen did and is continuing to do for us. I cannot say enough about our appreciation for her work.
19 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Linda L Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStanford Ophthalmic, 900 Blake Wilbur Dr, Palo Alto, CA
Dr. Linda L Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.