Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Linda A Paxton MD
Dr. Linda A Paxton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Silver Spring, MD. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Linda A Paxton has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Linda A Paxton has the following 5 expertise
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Dr. Linda A Paxton is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Warm, Attentive, Sensitive, Astute, Intelligent Dr. A++++
Self-verified patient of Dr. Linda A Paxton - Posted on August 27th, 2009
Dr. Paxton has been taking care of my daughter, now age 15, since she was borm. I feel we struck gold in finding such a terrific doctor. I am 100% confident in Dr. Paxton's expertise and medical judgment. Her devotion to providing the best possible care to her patients is obvious. She has an easy going and nurturing style and relates beautifully to children at every developmental stage. When as a little one my daughter was terrified by shots, Dr. Paxton was consoling. When during puberty she felt that just about everything was embarrassing, Dr. Paxton was understanding. And now that my daughter is a teenager, Dr. Paxton has an enviable ability to show that she "gets it." You could not find a better doctor (or practice!). The other Doctors there are wonderful too!
Childrens National Medical Center
Dr. Linda A Paxton Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Linda A Paxton
Linda A. Paxton, MD joined Pediatric and Adolescent Care in 1990. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1983, attended medical school at the University of Maryland at Baltimore (UMAB), graduating in 1987, and completed her residency training in Pediatrics at Children's National Medical Center in 1990.
Locations & DirectionsPEDIATRIC AND ADOLESCENT CARE OF SILVER SPRING, 12501 Prosperity Dr Ste 100, Silver Spring, MD
Dr. Linda A Paxton is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.