Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Linda S Sylvester
Dr. Linda S Sylvester, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange Park, FL. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sylvester is affiliated with St Vincents Medical Center Riverside, UF Health Jacksonville and Memorial Hospital Jacksonville. Dr. Sylvester has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Linda S Sylvester has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Showing 5 of 18
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sylvester is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Cooper University Hospital
Dr. Linda S Sylvester accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIcon Oncology, 2161 Kingsley Ave Ste 200, Orange Park, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Linda S Sylvester in this video.
Dr. Linda S Sylvester is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange Park, FL.