Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Linda J Tijerino has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 18
I'm a student at an out of town university, and Dr. Tijerino is my home town gyno. My experience at my appointment was average, but my main problem came when I had to get a prescription for birth control refilled. My pharmacy couldn't contact Dr. Tijerino for 3 days, and when I called I was sent to her voicemail twice and promised a return call that never happened. Now a year of taking birth control is thrown out the window, and i'm in the market for a new gyno.
Was 8 minutes late because I cold not find office and new patient. Would not see me even though had all paper work in and watched a arbitration video already and asked if I was uncomfortable and NEEDED to be seen? I stated yes, and they re-scheduled me in two weeks! Rediculous! Had it just been a wellness visit, she would have seen me. So if she had to work and diagnose a problem, she would not??? Totally not professional. Had the staff said be prepared to find off street parking and make time... I would have.
The absolute best obgyn I have ever had. I have been having period problems for a while now and she is doing everything to help me. I just had a procedure done today that I was worried sick about and she made it completely comfortable and as painless as possible. She is wonderful and warm. She has never rushed me and has answered every silly question I have had. I recently switched from Dr. Mechanik of Tampa to her and I couldnt be more pleased. The staff is amazing and her nurse Nina is more than helpful. They are always prompt about call backs and test results. I have recommended her to every female in my family. I could not have chosen a better doctor, I have only great things to say about her :-)
I have only been with Dr. Tijerino for a short time now, as both an OB and a GYN patient, and I can honestly say that she is by far the most thorough and helpful doctor I have ever been to. And I have been to my share of doctors. She is more the courteous, I never feel as if I'm being rushed in and out, and the nurses are extremely helpful as well.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2008, 2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
20 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Bayfront Medical Center
Dr. Linda J Tijerino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBay Obstetrics & Gynecology, 603 7th St S Ste 300, Saint Petersburg, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Linda J Tijerino in this video.
Dr. Linda J Tijerino is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.