Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Linda M Welniak
Dr. Linda M Welniak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mount Pleasant, WI, with another office in Jefferson, WI. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Welniak is affiliated with Aurora West Allis Medical Center. Dr. Welniak has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Linda M Welniak has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Love her and the Jefferson Clinic! Was forced to transfer due to the retirement of my last physician. I have never met anyone who made me feel more comfortable. She listens, and genuinely cares. Doesn't just write referrals to other specialists, which used to drive me crazy. Staff at the clinic are exceptional..
We were very disappointed not seeing Dr. Welniak @Aurora anymore. We moved here from Kansas and it was not an easy task to search for a family doctor that the entire family is comfortable with. We found Dr. Welniak. We were very pleased to have her as our family doctor. We were very blessed to be under her care. Now, we missed her.
I am also upset that Dr. Welniak is not with Aurora anymore! She was one of the best MD's I have ever had! I also hope to find her so that I can continue my MD/patient relationship! It takes a long time to build one, having her know my medical history and how she is so caring and compassionate with me and my family who also have seen her. I do not want to change MD's again and start all over!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Welniak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1992
Waukesha Memorial Hospital
Dr. Linda M Welniak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Linda M Welniak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Pleasant, WI.