Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Linda S Yancey
Dr. Linda S Yancey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Katy, TX. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Yancey is affiliated with Houston Northwest Medical Center and Kingwood Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Linda S Yancey has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Lyme Disease
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Although nice and professional, I do not recommend going to her if you have or think you have chronic Lyme. Just like one of the other conments, she never examined me and gave me a 30 minute talk about the history of Lyme, all of which I have researched and know. She does not believe in chronic Lyme and said that the chronic Lyme model makes her so mad because it gives people false hope. She also said that there are not a lot of ticks in Texas and Lyme is rare here. Again, she is very nice and professional, but I recommend you see a LLD for acute or chronic Lyme.
This doctor represents herself as a doctor who will treat chronic Lyme disease. She doesn't. She will bill for a "consult", only to lecture you about how Lyme disease doesn't exist in Texas and that chronic Lyme disease doesn't exist at all. She never so much as offered to examine me. She needs to educate herself further in Lyme disease before giving such "advice". Fortunately, a bill was passed in the state of Texas to educate doctors, such as herself.
Dr. Yancey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Linda S Yancey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Houston Infectious Disease, 1331 W Grand Pkwy N Ste 310, Katy, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Linda S Yancey in this video.
Dr. Linda S Yancey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Katy, TX.