Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lindell A Busciglio
Dr. Lindell A Busciglio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Busciglio is affiliated with St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa and St Joseph's Hospital - North. She speaks English.
Dr. Lindell A Busciglio has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
Showing 5 of 8
After waiting 3 months to see this doctor at this location, and confirming my appointment twice three days prior, I was told when I arrived for my appointment, that it had been cancelled without my knowledge, by Carl at the Wesly Chapel Office because I didn’t need the appointment. I have been dealing with infections for 2 years and was referred by my primary care physician. It is normal to get left on hold for half an hour minimum at a time. Prior to some surgical procedures I needed to have done, I called Dr Noel in Wesley Chapel, who I made clear I was seeing until I could get in to see dr Busciglio, and tried her for two weeks, with not one single returned call by Dr Noel or any of her staff....and I was calling daily! Stay away from this office! I have never in my life experienced such poor, uncaring, inexperienced, ineffective staff or physicians as I have at this group. I am still having infections and am still working with my PC dr to find another. They should be ashamed of themselves for their lack of care, compassion, or professionalism.
Dr. Busciglio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Dr. Lindell A Busciglio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInfectious Disease Associates Of Tampa Bay, 4729 N Habana Ave, Tampa, FL
Dr. Lindell A Busciglio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.