Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lionel Gatien
Dr. Lionel Gatien, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Fleming Island, FL. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gatien is affiliated with Kindred Hospital - North Florida, Memorial Hospital Jacksonville and Orange Park Medical Center Inc. He speaks English.
Dr. Lionel Gatien has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 33
Dr. Gatien is the type of doctor that I have looked for for a year after retiring to Jacksonville, Fl. His knowledge is exceptional; his manner is reassuring. He seems to always be insync with me when I am there; I don't have to do extensive explanations to get him to understand. He listens and treats us like a partner in our healthcare, not a file number. My only regrete is that I did find him 6 yrs ago. I still recommend him .
Dr Gatien is great! The other physicians and PA.s and staff are the best. If my husband or I need to be seen they will try and give us an appointment the same day. They are all very caring, We have seen Dr Gatien and his staff Dr Matis, Dr Davila, PA's and nursing staff for about 5 years. Can't say enough good things about them!
Dr. Gatien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kindred Hospital - North Florida
Memorial Hospital Jacksonville
Orange Park Medical Center Inc
Specialty Hospital Jacksonville
Baptist Medical Center
Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
Saint Luke's Hospital
Genesis Rehabilitation Hospital
- Des Moines University
Dr. Lionel Gatien accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1689 Eagle Harbor Pkwy, Fleming Island, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lionel Gatien in this video.
Dr. Lionel Gatien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fleming Island, FL.