Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lionel D Mccollum has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Lionel D Mccollum has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Lionel D Mccollum has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lionel D Mccollum is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Doctor McCollum has been my Oby/Gyn for over 20 years and I can't think of a more caring and compassionate doctor. While being a patient for Dr. McCollum he has helped me through a high risk pregnancy and several other medical concerns - I was always confident he had my best interest in how he approached my care and did an excellent job of explaining my condition. More importantly, I always felt like Dr. McCollum treated me as a person first and a patient second - which is rare find.
I have been a patient of Dr. McCollum for 12 years . I consider him to be excellent in every area of caring for his patients. I also have several friends that have been with him longer than I and they agree.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Lionel D Mccollum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsInstitute For Female Pelvic Medicine, 10133 Sherrill Blvd Ste 100, Knoxville, TN
Dr. Lionel D Mccollum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.