Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lionel Xavier has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 2 of 2
I went to urgent care as it assured I would be seen by an MD & lab wk done- which was all I needed. ER costs me far more & the only added benefit is if I needed imaging studies which I knew I did not. I have a very rare disease of the immune system & rely on doctors taking it seriously. Most have never heard of it & will brush me off in their ignorance. Dr. Xavier did not & immediately made certain I got all of the care I needed. He accurately Dx'ed me, ordered all needed IV meds & kept me long enough to make sure I would be ok & come each day thereafter for care until my infection was cleared. I highly recommend him for not being too arrogant to treat when I presented with a new scenario & for giving me more than I anticipated. I did not have to explain my whole disease process- he was more than knowledgable.
Was seen by Lionel in urgent care for flu symptoms and excruciating sore throat. Had been running a fever of 100-101 the last two nights, shivering, sweating through my sheets, headache, cough, achy, congestion. All if which didn't take me to urgent care as I've only been one other time in my life and consider my pain tolerance high. Swallowing had become almost impossible and prevented me from getting any sleep. I had started a new job Monday and only gave in Wednesday afternoon to go to urgent care. After the typical 2hr wait, I was told my strep test was negative (although when the nurse did her swab I didn't feel it touching my throat), and was told I didn't have the flu. Was told I should take the prescribed Vicodin at night and "suck it up" during the day. REALLY??? Would I have been in urgent care during my first week at a new job if I could be sucking it up??? And OBTW, I checked my throat before going in and it was clearly bright red/inflamed with red spots, yet Lionel Said it looked normal. Like I said, not surprised he has experience from kaiser where they won't treat you unless you've stopped breathing practically. Avoid this guy at all costs.
Dr. Xavier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Lionel Xavier accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArch Health Partners, 15611 Pomerado Rd, Poway, CA
Dr. Lionel Xavier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poway, CA.