Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa A Harrington has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Lisa A Harrington has the following 9 expertise
- Family Planning
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
- Palliative Care
Dr. Lisa A Harrington has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Doctor Harrington has been my primary care physician for more than seven years. Over the course of those years, she has worked with me to better my overall health and wellbeing. I am healthier and happier today, having followed her medical and lifestyle counsel, than I was before I began working with her more than seven years ago...one wouldn't expect that though, given that I'm seven years older now, but it's true!Dr. Harrington is well-respected among her peers and her patients. The wait to get in to see her has gotten a bit longer as her patient load has increased substantially. Allow me to reassure you that it is well worth your time to wait; you are waiting to see a doctor who will give you all the time you need, a physician who will actually listen to you and respond with well-thought out answers...just remember that she's also doing the same with the patient before you as well. Relax. She is worth the wait.
Eastern Maine Medical Center
Dr. Lisa A Harrington accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsLisa A Harrington Do, 1100 E Michigan Ave, Grayling, MI
Dr. Lisa A Harrington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grayling, MI.