Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lisa N Abaid
Dr. Lisa N Abaid, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Abaid is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and South Coast Global Medical Center. Dr. Abaid has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Lisa N Abaid has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I had a hysterectomy two years ago I had robotics hysterectomy I had a fast recovery my stomach muscles where sore for less then two weeks I took Tylenol for the pain I only had it for three days I had three scars one on my belly button & two one my stomach the two scars on my stomach I don't see them anymore I still have the scar on my belly button but it reminds me how lucky I was to been sent to such a great doctor that the cancer was found early she explained everything to me I knew I was in great hands anyone who needs surgery she is the best choice I recommend her highly
I've been under the care of Dr. Abaid for about 18 months and I couldn't have asked for a more caring and professional doctor. I had a complete hysterectomy using robotics at Hoag hospital. I went home the next morning with very little discomfort. I only took advil for the sourness. I was amazed that I could function so quickly. Her precise hands, skill and gentleness must be the reason I had so little pain. I believe this, coupled with the robot, is why my recovery time was so short and painless. There were times that I would forget that I even had surgery. I know so many friends that have had this surgery the traditional way, that suffer for months with sourness, pain and adhesions. I had none of this. I'm so glad I was referred to Dr. Abaid.
It's been year since my hysterectomy and I couldn't ask for a better outcome. It was done with robotics and Dr. Abaid really must have a great technique. I went home the next morning with 4 little holes and a sore belly, no more than what you get after doing too many sit-ups. Just a few sore muscles. A couple of days of Advil and I was great. Dr. Abaid never rushes you, answers all your questions and a very sweet lady. She is very thorough, skilled, helpful, kind and gentle.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Abaid is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Lisa N Abaid accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGynecologic Oncology Associates, 351 Hospital Rd Ste 507, Newport Beach, CA
Dr. Lisa N Abaid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.