Dr. Lisa Beisel Is this you?

1.6

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Lisa Beisel?

SORRY excuse for a doctor.

Posted on June 3rd, 2015

If I could give her a ZERO star I would. You do not want to go to this woman. She's mean she repeats herself constantly and is very belittling and TRIES to treat you as if you are a child. She always cancelled on me at the last minute but expects you to give her a THREE DAY CANCELLATION notice. I could go on bit I'll spare you. I PROMISE you will be very dissapointed in her.

dont bother with this terrible shrink

Posted on February 25th, 2015

Not only does she not listen to a word you say shes very rude and interrupts you. Lets start with her assistant anne. The rudest woman to talk to on the phone. She seems bothered and annoyed when you call to make appts. When you arrive there she makes you feel extremely anxious. So when you leave you can only imagine how you feel afterwards. She called me a mess (not professional) and probably not something you wanna hear from your dr. How she became a shrink is beyond me. With all these negative reviews about her and those fake 5 star reviews are hilarious. Nice try.

Posted on February 25th, 2015

More anxious leaving than going to her

Posted on October 16th, 2013

i would not recommend this shrink to my worst enemy. she is focused more on having power and control over the client than listening and helping them. condescending, judgmental and rude. run far and fast .

Awful Dr

Posted on March 16th, 2013

I spoke w her assistant to schedule and made a payment plan during that call. I was going to pay more than 1/2 at the visit and the rest one week later. Upon arrival the Dr. met me and immediately began discussing the payment plan. She was clearly angry an arrangement had been made. I was so anxious and she was so judgmental and uncaring. I walked behind her to her office but by the time we arrived there I decided I didn't want to see this woman. After reading the other reviews I'm so glad I didn't. Now I wish I had reported her to the board. Don't settle for this person as your doctor- find someone caring! I was shocked to see she told another client they obviously have issues w money b/c it is pretty evident who has the issues.

Utterly, disgustingly horrible.

Posted on September 11th, 2012

*** BE AWARE OF HER F A K E REVIEWS *** - You can tell they are fake as they are all substantially good reviews, with only one sentence, and within about 5 days of each other (many appearing on the same day, as well...)As stated many times across the web - I left feeling worse than had I came in. While talking to her, I felt completely judged throughout the entire process. I could feel it through the way she observed me while she heard (NOT listened) to me, that she was just coming to conclusions in her own head and not thinking with an open mind - which was confirmed once she opened her big mouth. Just about everything I told her had some negative reaction via body language or verbally. She kept insisting, "I mean, I don't know anything about you! I'm just trying to get to know you better." No, she was not - she is a power-hungry individual who became a psychologist for all the wrong reasons.I came to this woman in search for a continuation of my ADHD medication as I just moved to Austin, and upon leaving felt like I needed to go see someone else for depression treatment. Do NOT bother wasting your money because she does make you pay up-front with cash or check only (Which is very weird) and she obviously has too many problems of her own to be worried about helping you solve yours.Her assistant was lovely over the phone, though.

Posted on August 7th, 2012

absolutely horrible

Posted on January 11th, 2012

I wish I had thought to check for reviews before I went to see Dr. Beisel. After seeing her for one session, I will not be going to see her again. She seemed very intent on getting my check at the beginning of the session, and did not even glance at the fairly extensive paperwork I had been required to print out, fill in and bring to the appointment. I felt chastised by her tone and line of questioning. She fixated on one of my symptoms, and I never did get to (what I feel are) my most challenging symptoms. In a way, I am glad that I didn't as I wouldn't want her to know any more about me than she already does! She continued to talk to me about my (confidential) issues as she walked me to the waiting room. I was relieved that no one ended up being in the waiting room, though she couldn't have known that as it is a bit of a walk from her office. I definitely walked out of there feeling worse than I did before.

AVOID!!!

Posted on September 6th, 2009

She was terrible - rude, NOT helpful. She wouldn't file with our insurance, which we found strange. She also diagnosed me with a totally different disorder than I have ever been diagnosed of before. She gave me instructions about how to "self-medicate as needed" and she charges for refills - odd huh? My Dr in FL where I just moved from NEVER suggested i do this and insisted I call HIM if I had a problem. She also made the statement OVER and OVER about how I must be a very severe case, since I was prescribed more than one med. You would think a Dr of Psych would realize this is very common for moderate depression. Whatever - just wait for a real Dr appointment!

Posted on March 3rd, 2017