Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lisa Bellanfonte
Dr. Lisa Bellanfonte, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC, with another office in Fort Mill, SC. She has 10 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Bellanfonte is affiliated with Piedmont Medical Center and Carolinas Medical Center. Dr. Bellanfonte has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Lisa Bellanfonte has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lisa Bellanfonte has the following 4 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Lisa Bellanfonte is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I dont know that the problems I have had are based on Dr Bellafonte...however...if you think you will need perscriptions filled...Find another doctor. They say they take 48 hours...but every time I have had to call at least 2 times. There is a whiteboard in the waiting room telling you that your wait may be ___ and it is a fill in the blank. So...it changes daily. She seems competent...but the way patients are handled is rude.
this lady is the best ever we are 65 years old never been this happy with a doctor
I have been happy with Dr. Bellanfonte since the very first visit. I feel I can discuss anything with her. Sometimes the wait is longer than others but to me that means all patients are treated the same. No one is rushed. Recently I had to follow up on a skin rash that had gotten really bad. I was crying and upset and she hugged me. She is the most compassionate Doctor I have met so far. I don't mind driving a little further than before and I don't mind the wait because I know she is going to listen to me and put me on a course of treatment to get well. I have referred several people to her and will continue to do so.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bellanfonte is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Piedmont Medical Center
Carolinas Medical Center
10 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Lisa Bellanfonte accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa Bellanfonte in this video.
Dr. Lisa Bellanfonte is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.