Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa D Bernard-Pearl has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I don't think the previous reviewer even met Dr. Lisa to say those negative things about her. Dr. Lisa is a wonderful OB. With each prenatal appointment, she was warm, attentive, and honored each one of my concerns and requests. I also brought my 3-year old in on many of these prenatal visits and she let my daughter hold the machine on my belly so we could listen to her new baby sister's heartbeat. Dr. Lisa also came in (on her day off) when I was in labor to make sure that the requests I outlined in my birth plan were honored. As a result, I had a healthy, comfortable birth with minimal intervention. She also performed my tubal ligation the day after my baby's birth at my request. She has been wonderful from the very first day I met her. Even after she left the practice and moved an hour away, I wanted to ask her advice and had to track her down to do so. She was surprised I had found her, but she was very nice and told me what I needed to hear. You will not regret choosing Dr. Lisa as your OB.
I went to Dr. Pearl while 6 months pregnant. I was leaking fluid after amnio. I was in the room for 20 minutes when she came in and asked me to move from the table so she could unplug a machine and wheel it out. She said nothing of coming back, did not introduce herself. She then went to the next room for 25 more minutes where she cared for another patient. I was very anxious about my issue and was leaking fluid while sitting in the office. She came in, was most unsympathetic and clearly in a hurry. She ran the tests and told me to go back to work. I did not lose my baby, but a better doctor examined me and saw the seriousness of the issue and though my baby had virtually no fluid left by then I was able to save my pregnancy. Dr. Bernard-Pearl must be nice to some people. She was a monster to me. Watch out.
- Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Lisa D Bernard-Pearl accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus, 2450 Ashby Ave, Berkeley, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa D Bernard-Pearl in this video.
Dr. Lisa D Bernard-Pearl is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.