Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa Boyd has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 16
Had a 1 hr appointment at 4. Dr Boyd arrived late at 425. Promptly ended appointment at 5. Reacted negatively to medication prescribed. Was told I had to make another appointment. Already spent $240 on a 35 minute appointment and did not have $120 for a follow up just to change medicine. I notified doctors assistant that I was having severe reactions to medication and that I was not given my full time with the doctor on my visit, in which her response was "see us when you have more time and money". Poor ethics, does not care about her patients.
This dr claims to be a child and adolescent psychiatrist- yet doesn't allow children to be present at her office. In any time I've been present I have never once witnessed a child patient being seen or even waiting. She is always running at least a half hour behind and walks in sloppy, with wet hair and disheveled dress. I believe this dr is a pay to write psychiatrist having seen her complete and utter failure to diagnosis on multiple occasions.
25 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Austin State Hospital
Dr. Lisa Boyd accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLisa Boyd Md, 8505 Technology Forest Pl Ste 1001, Spring, TX
Dr. Lisa Boyd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spring, TX.