Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa B Burch has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
I have to see Dr. Burch for an ongoing problem, but I HATE going because the office staff is rude or indifferent. I ALWAYS wait 1 to 3 hours to be seen. ALWAYS. The office staff is slow to give service, and never goes out of their way to get work done. My prescriptions never get called in. I have to call and follow up with them, and then, they get annoyed with me calling constantly, but if I don't, there will not be a follow up. I am trying, actually, to find a similarly great doctor, with a better staff.
If Dr Burch had not been there for my husband, I truly believe he would not be alive today. After 3 hospitalizations, one in CCU, one NICU, and numerous trips to various doctors. She recognized specific problems in his blood. He has been diagnosed with Antiiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS). Dr. Burch realized, along with his many medical problems, there was a serious problem with his blood. Our family will be forever grateful to Dr. Burch. If you or a member of your family needs an excellent doctor who will not give up on a diagnosis, you need Dr. Burch.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
33 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
New Britain General Hospital
Dr. Lisa B Burch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Center, 101 Memorial Hospital Dr Ste 200, Mobile, AL
Dr. Lisa B Burch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.