Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa D Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lisa D Smith has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 26
I've been going to Dr.Lisa.Smith since 2009 been diagnosed with Musk myasthenia Gravis a rare muscle disease so what that being said she's my 13th Doctor that took the time to listen learn and understood my disease and medicine she has a heart and soul that no what drugs can't interact with others I've always had a good video about her and I hope she feel the same way there aren't many Doctors like her recommend her to anyone that need a good doctor in their life and family.
I have been going to see Dr. Smith for over 10 years now. I have never waited anymore than 5 minutes in the waiting room and she is always punctual with her appointments. She is a true professional who stops and listens to everything that you have to say. She never makes you feel rushed. Dr. Smith has referred me to many specialists through the years and all of them have been top-notch. Whenever you get blood tests done, she writes notes on the results explaining things and will also give you tips such as taking fish oil pills to lower your cholesterol. Even with all the changes in healthcare and insurances, her delivery of care goes above and beyond expectations and I have referred her to many friends and family members.
I've been seeing Dr. Lisa Smith for the last 14 years, she's the only doctor I've ever seen since leaving my pediatrician when I was 14. She comes from a long line of doctors in her family who have instilled great values in her. She is kind, caring, and really takes the time to listen to her patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Greenville Hospital System
Dr. Lisa D Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAthens Internal Medicine Associates, 1500 Oglethorpe Ave Ste 400A, Athens, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa D Smith in this video.
Dr. Lisa D Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Athens, GA.