Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa D Stevens has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 18
Excellent bedside manner and cares about her patients. I noticed the above rating which should be ignored. This is the best G.I. practice in Wayne. They do an excellent job and perform colonoscopy both in their office and at the best surgical center in the state. The person who called her a crook doesn't understand medical billing. I have a background in that so it's obvious that they misunderstood the procedure. If a colonoscopy is done and something is found (like a polyp) and it is removed, it doesn't come under a preventive service anymore (that's the insurance company's stupid rule, not the doctor's). If that happens the patient has to pay their deductible, just like most other services that are provided. You will find that this office accepts most insurances and is excellent in all aspects of patient care and there is never more than a 15 minute wait to see Dr. Stevens.
Dr Lisa D Stevens sent my mother a $500 bill for the procedure and billed it as a diagnostic procedure instead of a preventative procedure which would have been covered by insurance. She billed it this way because she would be making more money. They had no right to bill it as a diagnostic cause my mother was not complaining about anything. There was nothing wrong with her. This is the shadiest doctor I have ever been to! Don't go to her. She is a crook and an untrustworthy doctor! The staff is unfriendly and hung up on my phone conversation.
25 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Lisa D Stevens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa D Stevens in this video.
Dr. Lisa D Stevens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wayne, NJ.