Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lisa C Ellis
Dr. Lisa C Ellis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ellis is affiliated with University Medical Center Brackenridge and Seton Medical Center Austin. She speaks English.
Dr. Lisa C Ellis has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 16
A few years ago, I saw her to resolve persistent skin lesions. She said I was causing them, sent me on my way. Since then, I've learned medicine, microbiology, pathology, mycobiology, the medical industry, and what makes doctors do what they do. I've also received a half-dozen referrals to an ID specialist, with a positive for blood fungus culture (angioinvasion - indicating much deeper systemic trouble). She refuses to acknowledge substantial evidence, receive an appointment, or treat until more lab work concludes. I can't even transfer to a different doctor within their system because of their questionable policy as "consultants". She, and other doctors with her demeanor, exhibit the same practice of disproof rather than progressive, empathetic treatment. Basically, if you don't have a billing code, in duplicate, that explicitly states exactly how she should treat you, or there's any question about your condition, find another doctor. Preferably not within the 38th St. clique. A robot and AI algorithm would be a better option.
I was referred to Dr. Ellis by my doctor in Houston when I relocated. I asked for the best in Austin, and I found her. She is kind and always professional. She welcomes questions and never makes me feel rushed. I have the utmost respect for her.
Dr. Ellis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Lisa C Ellis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAustin Infectious Disease Consultants Pa, 1301 W 38th St Ste 403, Austin, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa C Ellis in this video.
Dr. Lisa C Ellis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.