Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa G Franklin has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Lisa G Franklin has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
Dr. Lisa G Franklin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 49
Dr. Franklin has always been an amazing professional. She goes as far as to make personal notes about each patient, so that she can talk with you on a personal level. I love when I see her after a year and she asks me about everything we discussed previously. She's great, in fact both of my daughters also see her. Wouldn't have it any other way.
All I needed from this dr was birth control. She told me unless she examined me completely naked I would not be getting birth control. I said I am in good health and did not need any examining for organs that the pill doesn't have anything to do with. I asked her why she ignores the guidelines to pap every three years and instead does them every year. She says that low income patients fall into a different category and they need to be checked for cervical cancer every year. I consented to a breast exam with my shirt on since I have that right. She took my shirt up unexpectedly. I was so humiliated. She had just said she would not do that. She kept trying to get me to use lube. I kept trying to explain to her I am severely allergic to it. I was so humiliated lying there mostly naked. She did a pap which is the only other thing I consented to. Then she did an std check and before I knew it her fingers were inside me hurting me so bad. I did not know what was going on. I tried to talk as she was standing over me but I couldn't it. All this while another woman who was there for the drs own liability reasons looked on. So humiated! After they left the room I tried so hard not to cry. I called the next day seeking help for the bleeding and severe pain she had caused. She interrupted me telling me it was normal. I couldn't sit, walk normally, or even lie down without sharp pain. I bled so much dark blood. I felt like I had to pee but couldn't. She wouldn't even listen just told me to get over it. I asked to be transferred to the front desk. I needed a new dr. She kept going off. I had to hang up.
It was a very nice place, a very nice staff. You can tell they work really hard at their jobs. Dr. Franklin is a great doctor and also, from what I can tell, a really great person.
26 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Atlanta Va Medical Center
Dr. Lisa G Franklin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKelli Harris Tapley Md, 806 Saint Vincents Dr, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Lisa G Franklin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.