Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lisa G Newman
Dr. Lisa G Newman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Newman is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center, New York Eye & Ear Infirmary and Bellevue Hospital Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Lisa G Newman has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lisa G Newman has the following 15 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Women's Health
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Lisa G Newman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Terrible. Avoid. Is obsessed with diabetes, even if you don't have diabetes or any blood sugar issues....Also, pushes drugs on you. When I asked her if there were any naturalistic alternatives to the drugs she offered me, she asked, "What, do you wanna take arsenic?" Literally. I wanted to respond, "Yes, please, give me arsenic if you have access to it, because that would surely solve all of my problems in one dose." But, unlike her, I took the high road and explained that by "naturalistic" I did not mean arsenic or even homeopathic, but rather "lifestyle" changes or external ways to treat the condition. Also, she was very condescending about my hesitancy to take birth control. In addition, she gave a very strange physical exam. Finally, she won't admit late patients, so I was sure to be there on time, which I was, and then had to weight 30 minutes because SHE was late. Ridiculous, impatient, very tacky, and rude.
Dr. Newman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHenry Chung MD, 726 Broadway Ste 350, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa G Newman in this video.
Dr. Lisa G Newman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.