Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa Gorn has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Nutritional Support
- Cushing Disease
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Nutrition Disorders
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 5 of 14
I wanted to have my blood work run through my insurance company - at the lab recommended by Ms. Gorn. Ms. Gorn refused to provide the RX for the blood work because I wasn't doing it through her. I went to my primary care Dr., she wrote the RX for the lab work. The cost was $85 (to the insurance company - I paid nothing) -vs- the $400+ that Ms. Gorn was going to charge. The reason Ms. Gorn gave for not providing the RX was that she had opted out of insurance programs and that she would be participating in insurance fraud if she did so. Not true. I spoke to both my insurance company and the lab where the blood work was to be done and they were astonished at her reasoning, that NO insurance fraud would be involved in her writing a RX for the lab test.As it turns out, the lab work, if paid through Ms. Gorn is part of her income stream. She pays a negotiated amount and pockets the rest. THIS IS THE REASON she will not provide the RX....it has nothing to do with insurance fraud. They are not being forth coming in the facts, they are not providing full disclosure regarding their fees, and there is no transparency in their business practices.
21 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Lisa Gorn accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa Gorn in this video.
Dr. Lisa Gorn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.