Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa I Goldstein has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Lisa I Goldstein has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Lisa I Goldstein has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
I met Dr. Goldstein through our attorney in 2004 when she diagnosed our handicapped daughter for a hearing we filed against our school district. She seemed genuinely caring and just the perfect person to be working with fragile children. She told us that she never saw a child as damaged by a school district as our daughter was. She said that our daughter would be destroyed if she remained in the school she was in. She was paid $10,000. We returned to enlist her help less than year later when we had additional issues with the school, but suddenly she wanted nothing to do with us. We managed to talk her into seeing our daughter to updated her evaluation, for a full fee of course. She had an snippy attitude with our daughter and me. She even told our emotionally disturbed daughter that she needed to "Get a life!" What happened to her own report stating the child will be "destroyed" if she remained at the school? In just 10 months it's just fine that she attends? She displayed sheer ignorance, unbelievably hurtful behavior and incompetance to those who were entrusted in her care. SHAME on her. We DO NOT recommend her to anyone who doesn't want to be betrayed.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLisa I Goldstein Md, 1062 E Lancaster Ave Ste 11, Bryn Mawr, PA
Dr. Lisa I Goldstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bryn Mawr, PA.