More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa K Joines has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 17
Well i just recently posted a comment about her. I didnt ever take my son to see the other doctor..i am giving her another chance..i have to take him today to see her & im just PRAYING that she checks him thouroughly..my husband is going with me to take him so i KNOW my husband will be sure he gets looked at properly & he will make sure she makes a good call..im just praying it all goes well today & if it does, then its all good
My son has seen Dr. Joines since he was a week old. The office staff is great. They are very nice to me & my son. Dr. JOines is nice as well but i have 2 problems. #1-i dont always get to see her. most of the time(unless i ask specifically for her) i see the Nurse Practitioner who she has helping her. Not that she aint nice, but i pay to see the DOCTOR, not a NP. #2-when my son was around a year or so old, my husband took our son to see her bc he was sick & she had said she thought he just had the croup & my husband asked her if they were gonna check him for Strep Throat & she said no, bc he was too young for it. well, needless to say, my husband made her check him for Strep bc my husband kept it as a child & sure enuff it come back positive. My son had Strep Throat..i just wonder what would have happened if my husband hadnt told her to run that test. He may ended up in the hospital. so that why it kinda why i dont wanna take him to see her no more & seems like she keeps tellin him to come back all the time to check him = more money. Im takin him to see another doctor soon & see how this one is & if he's good then ill continue to take him back & if not, i may just stick with her. Im just torn bc i do like her & the office staff, but DO NOT want her to mis-diagnose my son again. SO guess we'll wait it out & see what happens.
If you are looking for a fast and efficient Pediatrician this is the Dr. for you. My children have been with her for 5+ years and she is wonderful!!! I have only ever had one problem with this office and that was the half day or being closed on Fridays but that is a small price to pay for excellent care.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Lisa K Joines accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAbc Pediatric Clinic Llc, 1900 Main Ave SW Ste 4, Cullman, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa K Joines in this video.
Dr. Lisa K Joines is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cullman, AL.