Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa C Kaufman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lisa C Kaufman has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Lisa C Kaufman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Kaufman is a no nonsense but caring doctor with a wide range of contacts in the DC medical community. She wants to play the role of care coordinator and other docs know and respect that. She sent me to another kind of doctor for a second opinion after my orthopod recommended surgery, but said I should go back and talk to her first. The neurologist had different approach with proved much better, and for which I am forever grateful. Dr. Kaufman is not a warm fuzzy doctor, but she is a real person with her patients, is very perceptive, has broad and deep knowledge and is very willing to tell patients what they need to know. I like and respect and trust her immensely.
It is really hard to find a good doctor who takes BCBS in Washington DC. I think in some ways Dr. Kaufman excels - writes personal notes on your lab results and mails them to you -- I have even had her call me on occasion when she has been concerned. She's very straightforward. I could use a bit more bedside manner in my internist but she's okay in that area, just rushed due to the nature of insurance these days. She treats you like an equal, which is nice.
Wonderful, highly competent doctor who actually LISTENS to a patient, takes time to explain findings, and obviously cares (but her personal medical assistant needs to take lessons from her!). If one makes sure to have her rather than her medical assistant perform physical exams and if her front desk staff would treated patients like human beings rather than annoyances, everything would be superb!!!
I've been seeing Dr. Kaufman as my primary care physician for 15 years or more, whether or not she was on my insurance at the time. She truly listens, tries to get a full picture of her patients, and gives you the time and attention that you need. Her medical care has been excellent, she has provided me with several very good referrals when needed. I strongly recommend her.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kaufman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1986
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Lisa C Kaufman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKaufman Greenlee And Wheaton Mds, 1850 M St NW Ste 230, Washington, DC
Dr. Lisa C Kaufman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.